Shiny Object Syndrome
This month’s theme is Money Management and you can get the free worksheet at AffirmationPod.com/MoneyManagement
Let's break down some different types of Shiny Object Syndrome.
There's Shiny Projects
Shiny Books and Magazines
Shiny Shoes and Purses
Shiny Name Brands
Shiny Cars and Watches
Shiny Houses and Neighborhoods
And even Shiny Spouses!
What's “shiny” is different for everyone.
My shiny object is high end kitchen appliances and supplies. For me, Williams-Sonoma is full of shiny objects!
For you it might be a particular breed of dog or a specific mountain bike or a certain vacation home in a certain spot.
Here's three things to remember next time you face a shiny object:
- How does this shiny object compare to what I already have
- Is there anything wrong with what you have right now?
- Does it meet your needs?
- Have you given it enough time to run it's course?
- What makes the shiny object so intriguing?
- Count the cost of this shiny object
- Count your expenses right now
- Count the cost of making the transition and change
- Count the pros and cons of keeping what you have
- Count the pros and cons of getting the shiny object
- What will life be like with it in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc?
- What will life be like financially with it in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc?
- Can you afford it? Will it be a financial burden?
- Is this similar to a purchase you've regretted buying in the past?
Loving the Podcast?
Ways to Show Your Love
1. Leave a Rating or a Rating and Review at AffirmationPod.com/ApplePodcasts
2. Purchase the Reflection Workbook at AffirmationPod.com/Workbook