Shiny Object Syndrome
This month’s theme is Money Management and you can get the free worksheet at AffirmationPod.com/MoneyManagement
Let's break down some different types of Shiny Object Syndrome.
There's Shiny Projects Shiny Vacations Shiny Books and Magazines Shiny Shoes and Purses Shiny Name Brands Shiny Jewellry Shiny Conferences Shiny Restaurants Shiny Cars and Watches Shiny Houses and Neighborhoods And even Shiny Spouses!
What's “shiny” is different for everyone.
My shiny object is high end kitchen appliances and supplies. For me, Williams-Sonoma is full of shiny objects! For you it might be a particular breed of dog or a specific mountain bike or a certain vacation home in a certain spot. Here's three things to remember next time you face a shiny object:
- How does this shiny object compare to what I already have
- Is there anything wrong with what you have right now?
- Does it meet your needs?
- Have you given it enough time to run it's course?
- What makes the shiny object so intriguing?
- Count the cost of this shiny object
- Count your expenses right now
- Count the cost of making the transition and change
- Count the pros and cons of keeping what you have
- Count the pros and cons of getting the shiny object
- What will life be like with it in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc?
- What will life be like financially with it in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc?
- Can you afford it? Will it be a financial burden?
- Is this similar to a purchase you've regretted buying in the past?
Want More? Download the App!
Feel better, stronger and more confident with the Affirmation Pod App! This episode is in the category “Money Management”
The AP Access app is where you can easily mark your favorite affirmations, make your own playlist, download to listen offline and a whole lot more! It's also where you can sign up for premium access, which gives you all episodes with no ads and no announcements plus bonus content you won’t find on the podcast. Download the App at AffirmationPodApp.com!