Making Changes and Changing Habits
Thanks Ash for requesting an episode on Changing Habits!
You can get the free worksheet at AffirmationPod.com/Habits
2016 is upon us and it's a great time to stop old habits and start new ones. Actually, anytime is a great time to change habits but the trick is to make the new habit stick.
Today, I share my 6 Steps for Making Changes and Changing Habits.
Before I get into the 6 steps, I want to thank the Affirmation Pod Facebook Group for offering some habits they want to change, to help me frame this episode. Thank you!
6 Steps for Making Changes and Changing Habits
Step 1: Describe the old habit
Step 2: Describe the new habit
Step 3: Why was the old habit here in the first place?
Step 4: How will you set yourself up for success?
Step 5: What will you do when tempted to return to the old habit?
Step 6: How will you measure and celebrate your success?
Another podcast episode related to this topic is Michael Hyatt's This is Your Life Season 6 Episode 6.
Click Here for the 6 Steps to Making Changes and Changing Habits Worksheet
5 Things I've done for Technology-Life Balance
- Used Unroll.me to manage subscriber's remorse
- Move apps that are throwing me off balance to my second or third screen. The million dollar button demonstrates the psychology around steps involved and likelihood of changing your mind.
- Having a separate email address for non-personal/subscription emails. e.g. “JosieSubscribed@me.com”
- Creating physical barriers and parameters like keeping phone off the table during meals.
- Using Rescue Time – which I signed up for using my non-personal email address in Step 3 – because it logs how much time I spend on my computer, which applications I am using, and how long I'm spending on each application.
That's how I'm starting off 2016 – with my Home Screen looking like this. There's dual meaning here. I want to simplify my workload plate but also my meal plate.
Wallpaper created with WordSwag (affiliate link)
Loving the Podcast?
Ways to Show Your Love
1. Leave a Rating or a Rating and Review at AffirmationPod.com/ApplePodcasts
2. Purchase the Reflection Workbook at AffirmationPod.com/Workbook